GenaLGarrison

This blog was created by me to get into the world of blogging. It will have stories, poetry, rantings, ravings, and just anything you'd like to see.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Temptations


Ain't nobody coming to see you Otis!

I simply love the Temptations movie and that is one of my favorite lines from the movie. Leon made an awesome David Ruffin. Much better than when he played Little Richard but this is about the Temptations.

The things I loved about the movie were the music, the dancing, and just being back in that time. My son and I watch it over and over. We also watch the Five Heartbeats alot too. We are in to black male groups of the 60's movies.

The thing I didn't like was the wigs. In the Five Heartbeats they actually processed their hair for the movie so when they danced and sweat their hair moved. Throughout the entire Temptations movie nobody's hair ever moved.

The other thing I didn't like was we never saw the Temptations as the Temptations. We saw 5 guys who just happened to be singers. I realize it was a background story, but I would have liked to see more of the upfront story as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home